Netting and Fabric Products
Climate challenge management
Changing climates in Australian horticulture mean that the protected cropping industry is becoming more reliant on barrier technologies such as shade cloths and pest prevention films. GreenlifeGRO can explore a range of options with clients to provide shade and asset protection while enabling air circulation and sunlight controls on greenhouses and shade structures. One popular greenhouse option is to install twin-skin roll up curtains that enable weather and pest protection from birds and insects without limiting important cross flow of natural breezes.
At certain stages, different plants need different amounts of sun protection. For example, indoor plants can be hardened for office life if they are given an early stint under more shade. At 70% shade (where 70% of UV light is blocked), some plants struggle to get sunlight, so they become acclimatised to indoor conditions. Large net structures over citrus or berries will need more light (often only 30% UV blocking) to promote flowers and fruit. Commercial shade cloth, usually black, green or white, ranges from an open weave 30% to a tight weave 80% shade. GreenLife Structures has experienced staff to assist in this important decision. You should also consult your horticultural industry for advice on Australian standards for accurate shade factors and crop applications.
- Available in 50m rolls or cut lengths
- 2m or 4m wide standard product yet other sizes available upon request
- Colours available: white, black, green and other available on request
- Reinforced 50mm selvedge
- Knitted eyelets along both edges
- Ideal for attaching shadecloth to canopy cables or shadehouse frames, joining rolls or securing to fences
- UV stabilized with proven strength and tear resistance
- 10-year pro rata UV degradation warranty
- Ability to fabricate specifically to your needs
- Cost effective